I am in shock and awe. An award? Me?! How amazing! And what I love most about this award is it gives its recipient the gift of giving it again. 7 times!
Thanks to the lovely and talented Jacquie Severs, I am the winner of a Stylish Blogger Award! What a huge honour. Here it is. Feast your eyes!
To be recognized by Jacquie as a Stylish Blogger is really saying something. Jacquie is multi-talented. And always stylish. She has a gorgeous blog that you have to check out:jacquiesevers.blogspot.com, is a very talented wedding/event floral designer, a fantastic writer and print designer, and consistently regales her followers with a flurry of entertaining social media activity. She did a bra-fitting for me over the internet, and B&H would not be half the stylish place that it is without her. In short, she rocks. Thanks a million, Jacquie!
There are some other conditions to accepting this award (I totally cut and paste them.):
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell us seven things about you.
3. Award seven recently discovered new bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know they’ve received the award.
So here are my 7 things about me.
1. I once worked as a phone psychic for a little under a week.
It’s true. I know what you’re going to say. Because that’s why I was hired in the first place. Ha. I remember going for my ‘interview’ and being really weirded out that on one side of the room were all the phone psychic people, while on the other were the phone-sex people. You can’t actually make this stuff up. Anyways, I didn’t do well because I couldn’t seem to make calls last forever and therefore bring in the cash. I quit after day 3. True story.
2. When I was a kid I used to jump off the couch with an open umbrella, pretending that I was Mary Poppins.
Really. I still think about doing it sometimes. But most of the time I think about how mean Mary Poppins actually is to the kids in the Disney movie. Why did I think she was so nice? And why didn’t she end up hooking up with Dick Van Dyke? I just don’t know.
3. My newest guilty pleasure is listening to Nancy Drew audiobooks read aloud by Laura Linney.
I have always loved a good story. And I have always loved Nancy Drew. I used to get so excited when the library would get in new hardcover editions like ‘The Clue in the Diary’ or ‘The Bungalow Mystery’. I would run my fingers along the yellow spines and sniff the newly printed paper. Heaven. Once I found audiobooks on iTunes, I was over the moon. I pick 3 hours of mystery sleuthing read-aloud over guided meditation any day.
4. I still make forts.
I never tire of grabbing as many pillows and blankets as possible and constructing ‘nests’ in the living room. Sometimes my daughter joins in the fun, but most of the time it’s just me.
5. I think that looking on mls.ca is like cheating on your house with real estate porn.
Lately, well, I’ve been wondering if this house is the right fit for us. I love it, don’t get me wrong. But I fully admit that I like to see what else is out there. I even *gulp* go on virtual tours sometimes. Hubs and I did actually go to 2 open houses but I swear it didn’t mean anything…
6. I am learning Spanish from free podcasts hosted by a guy with a thick Scottish accent.
Seriously. Check out Coffee Break Spanish. It’s awesome.
7. When I get more than 1 hour to myself I have to try on all my prom dresses and dance around.
Oh yes. I run up and down the hallway in whatever I can still fit myself into. And parade all my high heels about. It’s very refreshing. Sometimes I even play with outrageous shades of eyeshadow. But that’s another story.
And the award goes to..
I am pleased to present, in no particular order, my picks for the Stylish Blogger Award!
1. Sue Sterling: Sterlingtalk Blog
2. A Life More Fabulous: Escapade
4. Hey Gorgeous
Thanks for all the incredible storytelling, gorgeous and delicious pics, and inspiring layouts. Happy Posting!