Tough day? You are not alone. Here are 12 reminders I lean on when I’m low – even when I’m not in quarantine. I hope they bring you some deep breaths and let you feel my virtual hand squeeze.
1. You are not less because you are doing less.
2. Your world is not smaller because your view is smaller.
3. You are allowed to feel things beyond the parameters of ‘I’m ok’ and ‘we’re fine’.
4. You do not not need to snap out of it or feel better by anyone’s timeline, including your own.
5. Your discomfort and agitation are valid and deserve to be lovingly consulted for next steps in self-care.
6. Your desire to control something in the face of this chaotic turbulence-whether it’s your body, your environment, schedule or anything else- is a completely natural reaction to this stress.
7. Your choices to explore your feelings, act on them, or sit with them are yours to make and are not ‘good’ or ‘bad’, but simply reflect your needs in that moment of your own unique journey.
8. Your experiences, emotional landscape, and self-care path may look very different from someone else’s and that’s totally ok.
9. You do not need to qualify every thought and feeling with an explanation- sometimes things pop up for us. Some things stick around, some catch and release. It’s all ok.
10. Needing something – help, love, time, connection, laughter, tools – does not mean that you are a drain, burden, or codependent. It means you are human.
11. You are not thankless because you cannot find the gratitude or see the positive in a given moment. Let yourself feel whatever you feel without judgement and guilt.
12. When you feel your feelings to their fullest without censorship or editing, you are validating your own experience and healing can start.
Sending you all sunshine, strength, love and spoons. 😘